Wednesday, October 29, 2008


so i may be a little late but hey...better late than never. i am now hooked on chisette michele. when she first came out i was like...'ehh, ok'. so i didn't pay her or her songs much attn. but as her songs flooded the airways and my music taste grew, i began to hear and pay attn to her lyrics. if i had my way captured me and the video sealed the deal. i was sold. i said to myself, this girl has soul...she's gotta story and i wanna know more.


so i picked up her album and listened to every song in the car on the way home. i was blown away. it was crazy how her experiences matched mine and matched those of people i knew. my emotions went up and down while listening. i later took the cd in the house and closed the door and immersed myself in, i am: chrisette michele. my top 5 songs from the album are:


your joy

golden & love is you (its a tie...lol)

like a dream

be ok

mr. radio

they all have a different sound, a different story and i can relate to 'em all. your joy is one of those tear jerkers bc it makes you think of the times back when you were a kid and you loved being 'daddy's little girl'...(in my case, fafa's little girl). golden....that song is just it. i mean, she took the sanctity of marriage, vows and real love and combined it into a song. it was sheer genius. same with love is you; the song takes love and the meaning to another level (as does the video which i LVOE by the way)....sooooo i must admit, thanks to my girl jes and my cuzo terrence i was put onto chrisette and i am soo happy i gave her a real chance. if yall don't have the cd, get it asap...and rock with me, rock rock rock rock with me...(lol)...


~chon



i always leave w/ something so i leave you with lyrics from my fav from chrisette...golden...




Take me back in the day when loving was pure
Love ain't going away, love is always secure
Life's not always perfect but love's always forever
Let's let true love connect, let's try lasting together

I'm so ready to love, I'm so ready to promise my all
I'm so ready to give to the day that my life is no more
I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be'
Cause I'm ready to be like the olden days
When commitment was golden

Be the man of my dreams and get down on one knee, love
Say you'll be all I need and then ask me to marry you, my love
Let's take two golden bands and let's walk down the isle, love
I'll say I do and you'll say I do, may good God and commitment, oh

I'm so ready to love, I'm so ready to promise my all, all(Promise my all)
And I'm so ready to give to the day that my life is no more(My life is no more)
I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be, yes, I will(Possibly be)'
Cause I'm ready to be like the olden days
When commitment was golden(Golden)
Let's last forever
Now typical American, cherry love
Let's stay together
May God smile upon our everlasting lives

(repeat chours)

1 comment:

Chris said...

"Love Is You" is that album's sweetest song, make NO mistake about it. I just listen to it and think about what could be in all our lives as far as relationships go. I be tryin to tell folks, Chrisette Michele is one of the best talents in the game right now. Glad you're catching on :)